Cooked to a sunny golden-brown, these pancakes are a quick indulgence to warm you up for the day ahead.
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1¼ c. milk
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil for brushing pan
- In bowl, with wire whisk, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk, butter, and egg and stir until flour is moistened.
- Heat griddle or 12-inch skillet over medium heat until drop of water sizzles; brush lightly with oil. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cups onto hot griddle, making a few pancakes at a time. Cook until tops are bubbly, some bubbles burst, and edges look dry. With wide spatula, turn and cook until underside is golden. Transfer to platter; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter, brushing griddle with more oil if necessary.