Here’s a simple, easy-to-make pasta that will have guests thinking you’re a culinary wiz.
- 12 oz. gemelli or other short pasta
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 4 clove garlic
- Kosher salt
- ¼ c. Grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, adding the corn during the last minute of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and corn, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and chard stems and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the chard leaves to the skillet, season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta and corn with 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and the Parmesan (adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the mixture seems dry). Fold in the chard mixture. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.