The classic Greek flavors of feta cheese, fresh mint, and olives give a tangy personality to this delicious pasta salad.
- 2 c. orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ c. pitted Kalamata olives
- ⅓ c. fresh mint leaves
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add orzo and cook as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil on medium until hot. Add grape tomatoes; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until skins split, shaking pan occasionally. From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice; set aside.
- Remove skillet from heat. Reserve 1/4 cup orzo cooking water; drain orzo. Add orzo and cooking water to tomatoes in skillet; stir in lemon peel and juice, feta, olives, mint, and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper.