A chunky chicken salad packed with chewy dried cranberries, fresh tart apples, crunchy walnuts and the subtle bite of red onion. It’s held together with mayonnaise and a touch of mustard seasoned with sweet dill, salt and pepper. It is the best chicken salad I ever made. Or ate.
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut in bite-sized pieces (I like Rotisserie)
- 1/2 cup diced apple (I used Gala)
- 3 tablespoons chopped, dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl toss everything together until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Use as a sandwich filling or to top a leafy salad.