- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts (or a rotisserie chicken, meat removed and cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1/2 baguette or Italian bread, cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 12 ounces medium pasta shells
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks removed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, just the yellow part not the white pith
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pour a tablespoon of oil onto the middle of a large baking sheet or roasting pan, add bread and toss around to coat the croutons, sprinkle with parmesan and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly golden 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile use 1 tablespoon oil to coat the grill rack, then heat to medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill on each side until cooked through (165-174 degrees F). Remove and set aside for 5-10 minutes then thinly slice into bite-size pieces.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta and broccoli together to al dente, reserving 1/2 cup of the water before draining.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil along with the garlic to the pan over low heat. When garlic is fragrant add pasta, broccoli, chicken, feta and lemon zest. Toss well, drizzling with the reserved pasta water if needed to create a sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with croutons and parmesan.