1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add the cubed butter until a coarse meal forms. Pulse in the sour cream and egg yolk until just combined.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead in cherries. Pat the dough into a 3/4 inch thick square shape. With a large knife cut the dough square into 4 smaller, equal squares. Then cut each smaller square diagonally, with an X, making 4 smaller triangles.
4. Use a floured spatula to transfer the scones to the baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 14 – 16 minutes until the bottoms of the scones are light brown.
5. Remove from oven, cool slightly on pan pan and then transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely.
6. In a medium microwave safe bowl melt white chocolate and milk using the melt chocolate button on your microwave or in 20 second increments. Whisk until smooth. Add a spoonful of glaze to a scone, spread over top, sprinkle with almonds and repeat until all the scones are glazed. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place up to 4 days.
Makes 16 scones