One of my favorite Filipino dishes is Chicken Adobo. A simple dish that goes with rice and tastes delicious. This easy recipes is a must when I go home and meet up with the family. Slow cooked with the chicken falling off the bone…oh man! My mouth is watering right now!
Delicious Rating: Hello food goodness! For me chicken adobo is almost like a comfort food that I could eat while snuggled in a blanket on the couch watching a movie. All the flavors meld so well to give it such a delicious flavor and the chicken is so tender, juicy, and falls right off the bone. The brown sugar cuts the vinegar and also thickens up the sauce while the bay leaves add that hint of herbs on the palate. Serve over rice for a different dinner recipe that your family is sure to enjoy!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
|Filipino Chicken Adobo||
5.0 from 2 reviews
- 3 chicken thighs
- 3 chicken legs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 bay leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Add extra water to almost cover the chicken if necessary.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cover to simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 20 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice.