1. Preheat waffle iron. Combine dry ingredients. Mix together the milk and eggs. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients. Stir in blueberries.
3. Spread a ladle of batter onto the waffle iron and cook until done about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is used.
4. Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup and/or whipped cream
(Makes 6 Waffles)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set a cooling rack inside the prepared pan and set aside.
2. Combine brown sugar and chili powder in a shallow dish. Dredge the bacon slices in the brown sugar mixture and place, not touching, on rack. Bake until crisp, 15 – 20 minutes. Blot excess grease with paper towels if needed.
*I’ve made it without the chili powder and it’s still every bit as good, the chili powder adds another level of flavor and enhances the smokiness of the bacon.