butter, for greasing the pan
12 ounces spaghetti
4 cups tomato sauce
15 ounces ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup black olives, choppped
1 large tomato, sliced
extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Grease a 9×13 casserole pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti to al dente. Drain and toss immediately with sauce. Add 2/3 of the spaghetti to the pan in an even layer.
- Mix the ricotta with the egg and parsley. Spoon over the spaghetti in the pan leaving an inch border around the edges. Cover the ricotta with the remaining spaghetti.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over top, then olives, then place the tomato slices down the center. Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper then drizzle a little olive oil over them. Sprinkle the parmesan over top of everything.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until warm in the center. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.