1 (7 gram) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees F)
4 + 1/3 cups all-purpose or bread flour (I used half of each type)
1 teaspoon salt
1 + 2/3 cup cornmeal plus 2 tablespoons
4 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup honey
olive oil, for greasing bowl
1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add half of the flour and mix on low, add the salt, cornmeal, butter, honey, 2 of the eggs, and drained corn and continue mixing on low-medium speed.
- Turn speed down to low and add the remaining flour slowly.
- Turn the speed up to medium and knead 5 minutes. Generously grease a large bowl with olive oil and add the dough turning it to oil all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled about 1 + 1/2 hours.
- Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with cornmeal. Turn the dough out onto the baking sheet and press/pat it out with your hands to fit the pan making it as even as you can. You can score the bread into 12 rolls using a greased knife, cutting halfway down through the dough. Cover with parchment paper or a greased piece of saran wrap and allow to rise again until doubled about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk the remaining egg with a tablespoon of water and brush over top of dough. Sprinkle the cheese over top. Bake 22-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches about 190 degrees F.