2 cups chopped roma tomatoes, seeds removed
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for greasing pans
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
coarse sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup sour cream (regular or light)
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for top and for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a small casserole pan. Toss the tomatoes with olive oil, Italian seasoning and season well with salt and pepper. Add to casserole pan.
- Grease a deep-sided 8×8 casserole pan or one of similar size.
- In a large bowl beat ricotta with eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Stir in sour cream, rosemary, parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few cracks of black pepper. Pour into prepared casserole pan. Sprinkle top lightly with Parmesan.
- Bake the pie and tomatoes side by side 25 – 30 minutes or until the pie is set on top except for the very middle which may remain slightly “wobbly”. Toss the tomatoes around about halfway through and check often. If they begin to brown too much remove.
- Place the tomatoes over the top of casserole to serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.