2 slices white sandwich bread, like Udi’s Gluten-free
2 slices american cheese, like Horizon Organic
bloomin’ onion strings
bloomin’ onion sauce
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place a slice of bread down on a cutting board or plate, top with one slice cheese then enough onion strings to cover the entire bread. Drizzle generously with sauce, place another layer of onion strings from edge to edge then a slice of cheese then another piece of bread.
- Butter the top slice generously from edge to edge. Add a small pat of butter to the pan and spread it around until it’s melted. Place the sandwich butter side down in the skillet then butter the top slice.
- When bottom is golden brown carefully flip and cook the other side. If it begins to brown too much and the cheese hasn’t melted turn heat down to low or off and put a lid on it for a minute or two.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side for dipping.