I love a good stir-fry. Add in some fried tofu and OMGoodness, I am in paradise! This recipe is great with leftover vegetables and almost all the ingredients for the sauce are on hand in your pantry. Homemade Tofu Stir-fry is so much healthier and way more delicious than any restaurant could serve you. Plus, this is a Vegan & Vegetarian dish! Yay! But if you are not into that you can add as much meat to this recipe as you would like. Delicious Rating: This meal has a few steps that can get a bit scary for a beginner cook (frying tofu, oh my!) but don’t fret, the whole meal is done in about 20 minutes. A Quick and Easy recipe right? It is the perfect lunch in my house when I am craving rice and a little spice.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
5.0 from 5 reviews
- 3 cups of Broccoli florets
- 2 Carrots, julienned
- 1 pack of extra-firm Tofu, drained and pressed, Diced
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp white Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Asian chili hot sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- Steamed Rice
- Steam broccoli and carrots until just tender.
- Take diced tofu and sprinkle with cornstarch and gently coat.
- In a large pan, add a thin layer of oil over medium heat.
- Fry tofu evenly on all sides until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat.
- Stir in green onions, garlic, and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in vegetable stock, soy sauce, sugar, mirin, vinegar, ketchup, sesame oil, and hot sauce.
- Place the 1 tbsp of cornstarch in the 2 tbsp of water and combine and mix into the pan.
- Add in broccoli, carrots, and tofu and coat all evenly with sauce.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.